What the results are online, stays online
- If parents knew exactly just just what really takes place on social networking, 54% of teens sa
% of social media marketing users whom say they Low social-emotional well-being High social-emotional well-being Sometimes feel omitted or excluded when making use of social media 70 29 have actually deleted social networking articles simply because they got too few ”likes” 43 13 Feel bad about by themselves if no one comments on or likes their posts 43per cent 11% have actually ever been cyberbullied 35percent 5%
A better glance at teenagers with low social-emotional wellbeing:
Exactly what do parents do?
Moms and dads want to show pupils simple tips to handle their display screen time, exactly what can (and can’t) be posted on the web, the effects of creating errors on social networking, and exactly how to value offline tasks over negative social media marketing practices.
If the pupil does not get access to social networking or a computer device yet, assist them prepare for his or her future footprint that is digital
- Don’t give your pupil a tablet or smartphone with out a discussion together with them about electronic safety
- Consult with your pupil in what sort of content may be shared on social media marketing and which social networking systems they could utilize
- Think about creating a grouped family members mobile phone agreement that describes most of the rules around safe mobile phone use. If you’d like a template, we’ve one in the Smart Social Membership
- Assist your pupil put up their pages in the systems you choose are safe for the household. We advice making use of apps within our Green Zone to create a positive footprint that is digital
- Make sure that their profile photo is expert
- Make use of the exact same profile photo on every social network they join
- Regularly monitor their online task and now have your own personal pages for a passing fancy internet sites they normally use
- If you notice negative behavior, don’t wait for event to obtain worse before speaking with your pupil